April Construction Update: A look at the Progress of High-Speed Rail Construction in the Central Valley
Work is underway at six project sites within Construction Package 1 (CP 1), and more projects are expected to break ground in the coming weeks and into the summer. CP 1 is the first approximately 32-mile stretch of high-speed rail between Avenue 19 in Madera County to East American Avenue in Fresno County. Read more in our April Construction Update or see more pictures at BuildHSR.com.
NEWS RELEASE: High-Speed Rail Board of Directors Adopts 2016 Business Plan
SACRAMENTO, Calif. – The California High-Speed Rail Authority Board of Directors has adopted the 2016 Business Plan. The plan lays out an approach to sequencing the Phase 1 system that will ultimately connect the San Francisco Bay Area to the Los Angeles Basin via the Central Valley with high-speed passenger rail service. The plan will now be delivered to the Legislature by Monday, May 2. Click here to read a summary of the other changes made to the original draft of the plan.
NEWS RELEASE: High-Speed Rail Authority Crosses Major Milestone in Safety and Security
SACRAMENTO, Calif. – The California High-Speed Rail Authority has received final approval to acquire exclusive rights to the radio spectrum needed to operate future communications systems for its trains. Read why this deal is a major milestone for the safety and security of the system.
Construction and Road Closure Alerts
- Fresno County Lane & Shoulder Closures – 5/2
- Fresno Lane and Shoulder Closures – 5/2
- Kings County Lane and Shoulder Closures – 4/27
- Santa Ana & Cornelia Ave. Closures in Fresno – 4/25
- Tuolumne Street Closure in Fresno – 4/14
- Demolition and Road Closure Activities Starting April 13 – 4/12
- Shoulder Closures in Fresno County for Utility Work – 4/11
- Tulare Street Lane Closures in Fresno – 4/11
- Shoulder Closures in Kings County – 3/28
- Broadway Street Lane Closure in Downtown Fresno – 2/2