High-Speed Rail Program Fact Sheets
The California High-Speed Rail Authority (Authority) is responsible for planning, designing, building and operation of the first high-speed rail system in the nation. By 2029, the system will run from San Francisco to the Los Angeles basin in under three hours at speeds capable of over 200 miles per hour. The system will eventually extend to Sacramento and San Diego, totaling 800 miles with up to 24 stations. In addition, the Authority is working with regional partners to implement a statewide rail modernization plan that will invest billions of dollars in local and regional rail lines to meet the state’s 21st century transportation needs.
About the High-Speed Rail Program
- California High-Speed Rail Big Picture –View a quick snapshot of the overall program.
High-Speed Rail in the Central Valley
- Central Valley: “Backbone” of High-Speed Rail – Why we are starting in the Central Valley and benefits to the region.
High-Speed Rail in Southern California
- High-Speed Rail: Southern California At A Glance – The Authority is working with partner agencies, cities and stakeholders to bring high-speed rail to Southern California in order to improve mobility and provide benefits to the region.
High-Speed Rail Safety
- The California High-Speed Rail Authority is committed to safety on our trains and surrounding our train lines. You can learn more about the measures we are taking to protect you in our new "Safety Factsheet".
Noise and High-Speed Rail
- The High-Speed Rail Authority receives a lot of questions about how high-speed train noise compares to traditional trains. You can get answers to that question in our new "Noise and High-Speed Rail Fact Sheet".
Benefits of High-Speed Rail
- The Economic Impact of California High-Speed Rail – A look at how investment in the nation’s first high-speed rail system has created jobs and generated economic activity in numerous ways.
- Estimated Regional Operations, Maintenance Facilities and Jobs – A look at the jobs that could be created in each region with the addition of high-speed rail operation and maintenance facilities.
- Creating Jobs Through High-Speed Rail – How high-speed rail will bring thousands of good, long-term jobs to the state in a variety of fields.
- High-Speed Rail: Small Business Program – More about the Authority’s Small Business Program and how to get involved.
- Community Benefits Agreement – The high-speed rail program is already creating jobs, and the Authority is committed to working with our local partners to get people trained and ready to work.
- High-Speed Rail: Good for the State, Good for the Environment – How the high-speed rail system will alleviate pressure on California’s current transportation system and provide immediate and long-term environmental benefits to residents for decades to come.
- Benefits of High-Speed Rail & Call to Action is a fact sheet giving a quick summary of how high-speed rail will connect and transform California. This information flier highlights how HSR will increase mobility, created better air quality, promote job growth and provide a much needed transportation alternative in California. This fact sheet also offers several ways for the public to stay connected including the opportunity to provide contact information to be added to email distribution lists.
Connectivity and Bookend Investments
- High-Speed Rail Connectivity and Bookends – More about specific regional and local projects that will benefit from the high-speed rail program.
- Electrification of the Caltrain Corridor – More about the investments being made to the Caltrain corridor that will benefit Bay Area commuters and prepare the system to integrate with the future high-speed rail system.
Funding for High-Speed Rail
- High-Speed Rail: An International Success Story - View examples of successful high-speed rail programs throughout the world.
- El Valle Central: La Columna Vertebral del Tren de Alta Velocidad
- Plan de Modernización del Ferrocarril Estatal
- Creación de empleos a través del Tren de Alta Velocidad
- Tren de Alta Velocidad: Programa de pequeñas empresas
- Acuerdo de beneficios para la comunidad
- Բրբանկից Լոս Անջելես նախագծի բաժին Փաստն այն թերթիկ – Ընկնում 2015
- Կալիֆորնիայի արագընթաց երկաթուղի Մեծ պատկեր
Archived Fact Sheets
- Work on High-Speed Rail is Underway – Work on the nation’s first high-speed rail system is underway, creating jobs and providing opportunities to small businesses.
- Construction Package 1: Work is Underway – CP 1 is the first significant construction contract executed on the Initial Operating Section of the statewide high-speed rail system. CP 1 is a 29-mile stretch between Avenue 17 in Madera County to East American Avenue in Fresno County.
- Construction Package 2-3: Building Out the Central Valley Backbone of High-Speed Rail – Construction Package 2-3 (CP 2-3) represents the continuation of construction on the high-speed rail system south towards Kern County.
- State Route 99 Realignment Project – Portions of State Route 99 located within the CP 1 contract limits will need to be realigned to accommodate the high-speed rail program between the existing SR 99 and the Union Pacific Railroad. Additionally, the 99 realignment will improve traffic operations, reduce congestion, and enhance traffic safety in the region.
- High-Speed Rail Funding & Finance – More about high-speed rail’s financial model. (An updated funding and finance fact sheet will be available soon.)