REQUESTS FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST IN INITIAL OPERATING SEGMENT
In June 2015, the California High-Speed Rail Authority (Authority) issued a Request for Expressions of Interest (RFEI) for the delivery of an Initial Operating Segment (IOS). The RFEI is neither an attempt at procurement nor a request for private funding. The issuance of the RFEI is a formalized approach for soliciting feedback from the private sector to help plan upcoming procurement(s) for the delivery of an IOS.
As outlined in the RFEI, the next step in this process is to conduct a series of one-on-one meetings with Respondents, which will be held over the coming weeks. The meetings will be conducted in order to discuss and ask questions about the EOIs. Respondents may choose to resubmit their EOIs following the one-on-one meetings, and this web page will be updated with the most current versions.
HSR 15-02 RFEI FOR DELIVERY OF AN INTIAL OPERATING SEGMENT
- Request for Expressions of Interest for Delivery of an Initial Operating Segment
- Notification to the Request For Expressions of Interest (RFEI) for the Delivery Of An Initial Operating Segment, RFEI HSR#15-02
- FAQs: Notification to the Request For Expressions of Interest (RFEI) for the Delivery Of An Initial Operating Segment, RFEI HSR#15-02
- Date Change: Notification to the Request For Expressions of Interest (RFEI) for the Delivery Of An Initial Operating Segment, RFEI HSR#15-02
In September 2015, 36 Expressions of Interest (EOI) were received. Below is a link to the names of the firms in alphabetical order:
- Expressions of Interest Received for HSR 15-02 Request for Expressions of Interest for Delivery of an Initial Operating Segment
The Authority plans to use the information in the EOIs to:
- Identify opportunities for cost savings and schedule acceleration and the key commercial and financial requirements that would be needed in order to achieve those objectives.
- Receive feedback from the industry on delivery models that may allow the Authority to meet its objectives.
- Appropriately inform and update its delivery strategy in its 2016 Business Plan.
- To schedule and commence one or more procurements in the future.
The Authority instructed Respondents to be mindful of the Authority's statutory and legislative requirements and obligations as described in Proposition 1A, Senate Bill (SB) 1029, Public Utilities Code Section 185030-185038, and in other legislation that governs the Authority's operations.
Construction of High-Speed Rail
- About Construction Package 1
- About Construction Package 2-3
- About Construction Package 4
- Construction & Road Closure Alerts
- Community Benefits Agreement
- Contracts Currently Out for Bid
- Design-Build Construction Contracts
- Request for Expressions of Interest
- RFEI for IOS
- Surface Transportation Board