Title VI Program
The California High-Speed Rail Authority (Authority) is committed to ensuring that no person shall, on the grounds of race, color, national origin, sex, age or disability be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be otherwise subjected to discrimination under any program or activity in the design, construction and operation of the high-speed rail system.
Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color or national origin in programs or activities receiving federal financial assistance. The rights of women, the elderly and the disabled are protected under related statutes.
Limited English Proficiency
Limited English Proficiency (LEP) is a term used to describe individuals who do not speak English as their primary language and who have limited ability to read, write, speak or understand English. The Authority shall provide free language assistance to individuals whom we encounter or whenever an LEP individual requests language assistance.
Environmental Justice (EJ) is the fair treatment of people of all races, cultures, and income, including minority and low-income populations, with respect to the development, adoption, implementation and enforcement of environmental laws and policies. The Authority incorporates EJ considerations into its program, policies and activities to mitigate disproportionate adverse impacts, particularly on minority and low-income populations
The Authority’s Title VI Coordinator is responsible for providing leadership, direction and policy to ensure compliance with Title VI and related statutes. For more information contact the Title VI Program at 916-324-1541 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Title VI Policies
Title VI Program
Title VI Videos
Title VI Discrimination Complaint
Title VI Reports
- Title VI Limited English Proficiency & Environmental Justice Annual Accomplishment Report for Federal Fiscal Year 2015
- Title VI Business Market Availability & Disparity Study for June 2014
- Title VI Limited English Proficiency & Environmental Justice Annual Accomplishment Report for Federal Fiscal Year 2014
- Title VI Limited English Proficiency & Environmental Justice Annual Accomplishment Report for Federal Fiscal Year 2013
- Title VI Limited English Proficiency & Environmental Justice Annual Accomplishment Report for Federal Fiscal Year 2012
- Title VI Brochure, What is Title VI?
- Title VI Poster, Your Rights Under Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964
- LEP Poster, Equal Access for Persons with Limited English Proficiency
- Language Identification Flashcard
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Titulo VI Denuncia Procedimientos
- Título VI Brocchure-¿Qué El Qué Es El Título VI?
- Sus Derechos Según El Título Vi De La Ley De Derechos Civiles Acto de 1964
- LEP Poster-Igual Nivel De Inglés De Acceso Para Las Personas Oms Están Limitados
Título VI Video
Title VI Coordinator