This high-speed rail project, with Caltrans serving as the Authority's contractor, will move State Route 99 from Clinton to Ashlan approximately 100 feet to the west to make way for the high-speed rail line.
The realignment is part of the high-speed rail corridor of projects within the Merced to Fresno project section. This realignment accommodates the high-speed rail system between the existing freeway and the Union Pacific Railroad. Additionally, the alignment project will improve traffic operations, reduce congestion and enhance traffic safety.
The project scope will include:
- Three through lanes with one auxiliary lane for each direction of travel on State Route 99.
- A reconfigured interchange at Clinton Avenue, which includes replacing the Clinton Avenue Overcrossing.
- New overhead structures that span the railroad tracks at Clinton and Ashlan Avenues to meet horizontal and vertical clearance requirements of the high-speed train.
- Re-routed and cul-de-saced local streets to accommodate the realigned freeway and maintain traffic flow.
- Infrastructure for the high-speed rail project with these limits.
- Closure of ramps at Princeton, Shields and Dakota Ave.
The 99 Realignment project is expected to last into the summer of 2018.
Michael Weber, Caltrans Construction Engineer, walks us through the 99 Realignment project in Fresno. He explains how the Clinton Ave. and Ashlan Ave. bridges will be torn down and rebuilt to accommodate high-speed trains.
For project details and traffic impacts visit http://99realignment.blogspot.com/.
Construction and Road
- Shoulder Closures in Kern County- 2/23
- Lane Closures on H Street and Palm Avenue in Fresno – 2/7
- Lane & Shoulder Closures on Cairo Avenue in Kings County – 2/6
- Fresno Greyhound Station Demolition – 01/30
- Multiple Closures on Golden State Boulevard in Fresno – 01/30
- Mariposa Street Lane Closure in Fresno – 01/24
- Tuolumne Street Lane Closures in Fresno – 01/23
- State Route 180 Lane Shift Begins Thursday – 11/10
- Closure on Road 27 (Lake Street) in Madera County – 10/17 (Detour Map Included)
- Construction to Begin for Overpass in Madera County (Detour Map Attached) – September
- Avenue 8 Overcrossing
- Fresno River Viaduct Construction
- Cottonwood Creek
- Road 27 Overcrossing
- San Joaquin River Viaduct
- 99 Realignment
- Fresno Trench
- Tuolumne Street Bridge Demolition & Construction
- Cedar Viaduct
- News Releases
- Fact Sheets
- Faces of High-Speed Rail
- Social Media
- Studies & Reports
- Speaker's Bureau
Tweets by @CaHSRA