An approximately 2 mile trench is being built starting between Olive and Belmont Avenues and running to Stanislaus Street in downtown Fresno. Work has begun in an area located near Thorne and H Streets.
Crews will also construct an underground crossing that will travel under State Route 180 as well as the San Joaquin Railroad and Union Pacific tracks and Dry Creek Canal.
The trench will allow high-speed trains to pass underneath SR180 and avoid an at-grade crossing.
- This will be the first section of the alignment to go below grade
- The trench will reach a depth of approximately 40 feet
- The construction at SR 180 will be a top-down project, meaning crews will dig from the top of SR 180 to a depth of approximately 80 feet, construct a portion of the tunnel and then reconstruct the highway.
- The SR 180 work will require lanes shifting (first to the inside, then to the outside) but will not require any lane closures.
Work is currently underway on the trench section. Construction on SR 180 is expected to begin in late February or early March.
- Community Open House in Hanford – 5/9
- Community Open House in Wasco – 4/13
Construction and Road
- Multiple Shoulder Closures in Kern County- 4/26
- Construction Work on Mono Street in Fresno - 4/17-6/21
- Shoulder Closure in Kings County – 4/10
- Lane Closures on Weber and Clinton Avenues in Fresno – 4/10
- Tulare & Mono Street Road Closures in Fresno (Detour Map Included) – 5/3
- E. Hardy Utility Relocations in Fresno – 4/10
- American Avenue Closure in Fresno (Detour Map Included) – 4/10
- Lane Closures on Weber, Hughes and Clinton Avenues in Fresno – 3/23
- Multiple Shoulder Closures in Kern County – 3/20
- Lane and Shoulder Closures on Van Ness Avenue and Tuolumne Street in Fresno – 3/13
- Tulare County Lane Closure – 3/10
- N Thorne Avenue Closure in Fresno – 3/6
- Lane Closures on H Street and Palm Avenue in Fresno – 2/7
- Multiple Closures on Golden State Boulevard in Fresno – 01/30
- Tuolumne Street Lane Closures in Fresno – 01/23
- State Route 180 Lane Shift Begins Thursday – 11/10
- Closure on Road 27 (Lake Street) in Madera County – 10/17 (Detour Map Included)
- Construction to Begin for Overpass in Madera County (Detour Map Attached) – September
- Avenue 8 Overcrossing
- Fresno River Viaduct Construction
- Cottonwood Creek
- Road 27 Overcrossing
- San Joaquin River Viaduct
- 99 Realignment
- Fresno Trench
- Tuolumne Street Bridge Demolition & Construction
- Cedar Viaduct
- News Releases
- Fact Sheets
- Faces of High-Speed Rail
- Social Media
- Studies & Reports
- Speaker's Bureau
Tweets by @CaHSRA