October 21, 2021
CENTRAL VALLEY WYE
Mostly just want to update the board on the recent conclusion of a settlement that was important for us to avoid CEQA related litigation.
Board members may recall when we approved the Central Valley Wye, we had several communities we were working through agreements with.
As of last week, CEQA risks have all been eliminated with City of Madera settlement complete.
All settlements set. We expect no more litigation in that section.
The NEPA clock is longer, and it’s possible there could be challenges related to it. It has a 2-year statute of limitations (expires Sept. 2022).
- Working with stakeholders to address and implement obligations under agreements and MOUs with the Central Valley Wye
- Fairmead Community and Friends (settlement obligations and community improvements)
- City of Chowchilla (sewer facility expansion and connection to Fairmead)
- Merced County (community facility and water supply improvements)
- Chowchilla Elementary School District (assisting with bus route impacts)
Wanted to go through what’s next:
- November 2021
- Central Valley Construction Update.
- Final Burbank to Los Angeles environmental document released publicly.
- Action item for Board of Directors in January 2022.
- December 2021
- Southern California project update presentation.
- January 2022
- Burbank to Los Angeles environmental document to Board for consideration to certify the record of decision.
- Spring 2022
- Over March and May
- Northern California environmental documents to Board for consideration of certification of record of decision, both for the San Francisco to San Jose and Jose to Merced project sections.
- A lot in that quarter.
2022 BOARD MEETING DATES
We always try to target the third Thursday of the month.
The January 2022 meeting date will still be virtual. We expect February 2022 to be our first in person Board meeting.
- January 19/20, 2022
- February 17, 2022
- March 17, 2022 *
- April 21, 2022
- May 19, 2022 *
- June 16, 2022
- July 21, 2022
- August 18, 2022
- September 15, 2022
- October 20, 2022
- November 17, 2022
- December 15, 2022
*Possible two-day board meetings for consideration of records of decision.
PRESIDENT BIDEN QUOTE
“Why I always talk about passenger rail, and particularly high-speed rail: Do you realize the Chinese are now building another high-speed rail line that will go up to 300 miles per hour? You say, ‘What difference does that make, Biden?’ Well, guess what, if you can get in a train and go from here to Washington much faster than you can go in an automobile, you take the train. You take the train. We will take literally millions of automobiles off the road. Off the road. Saving tens of millions of barrels of oil. Dealing with cleaning up the air. This is not hyperbole. This is a fact. These are facts.”
– President of the United States, Joe Biden, October 20, 2021
CEO Report Archives
- CEO Report – March 2021
- CEO Report – January 2021
- CEO Report – December 2020
- CEO Report – October 2020
- CEO Report – September 2020
- CEO Report – August 2020
- CEO Report – April 2020
- CEO Report – February 2020
- CEO Report – December 2019
- CEO Report – November 2019
- CEO Report – October 2019
- CEO Report – September 2019
- CEO Report – August 2019
The California High-Speed Rail Authority makes every effort to ensure the website and its contents meet mandated ADA requirements as per the California State mandated Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0 Level AA standard. If you are looking for a particular document not located on the California High-Speed Rail Authority website, you may make a request for the document under the Public Records Act through the Public Records Act page. If you have any questions about the website or its contents, please contact the Authority at firstname.lastname@example.org.