March 17, 2022
Overview | Cap and Trade Update | April Board Meeting | Future In-Person Meetings | Relevant Materials
- Cap and Trade Auction Update
- Update on Future Board Meetings
- Spring Construction Update
- February Cap-and-Trade Auction Results:
- Preliminary results suggest the Authority will receive about $244 million from the February auction.
- Annualizing the quarters, the past four auctions have generated about $1.047 billion for the Authority – this is the highest level of revenue for any one-year period since the auctions started.
- The graph shows the market is stabilizing after the pandemic, and the market is robust. Should continue to be a vibrant program.
- The primary driver of higher auction proceeds is auction settlement prices significantly above the reserve price – in February the auction settlement price was $29.15 per allowance versus the reserve price of $19.70.
- The Final 2022 Business Plan will be updated to include the February auction.
- Graphic is a bar graph, showing (y axis) quarterly auction proceeds in dollars by (x axis) quarter from the cap-and-trade auctions. The first quarter shown is August of 2017, and the most recent quarter is February 2022.
- The last four quarters show approximately $1 billion in funds to the High-Speed Rail Authority.
- Two lines are present superimposed over and across all bars showing two funding levels where quarterly bars need to reach each quarter to the Authority to receive $500 million and $750 million dollars per year.
- A severe dip in funding is marked by the start of the covid-19 pandemic.
APRIL BOARD MEETING PREVIEW
- Upcoming April Board Meeting:
- Reminder: the upcoming April meeting will be a two-day Board meeting. Pre-covid practices and protocol.
- Wednesday, April 20 and Thursday, April 21
- The meeting will be in-person in Sacramento
- Location: East End Complex, 1500 Capitol Avenue
- Expected Action Items:
- EIR/EIS for San Jose to Merced
- Draft 2022 Business Plan considered for adoption.
UPCOMING BOARD MEETINGS
- Future In Person Meetings:
- Authority must include a physical teleconference location for board members not participating in person on the agenda.
- Locations must be accessible to the public.
- Ensure equipment is sufficient.
- Post agenda at all teleconference locations.
- Members of the public attending at teleconference locations must be able to address the governing body in the same manner as those attending in person.
- All votes taken at meetings with teleconference must be with a roll call vote.
- We have to go back to the prior rules.
- View the February 2022 CEO Report PowerPoint Presentation.
- View video of the February 2022 CEO Report.
Board of Directors Secretary
The California High-Speed Rail Authority makes every effort to ensure the website and its contents meet mandated ADA requirements as per the California State mandated Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0 Level AA standard. If you are looking for a particular document not located on the California High-Speed Rail Authority website, you may make a request for the document under the Public Records Act through the Public Records Act page. If you have any questions about the website or its contents, please contact the Authority at email@example.com.