Design-Build Construction Packages
The high-speed rail system is being built through a series of design-build contracts. Work within a design-build contract cannot begin until a project section has been environmentally cleared. Currently, the Authority has identified four design build contracts in the Central Valley. Construction updates and road closure alerts are posted on BuildHSR.com.
- Construction Package 1 (HSR 13-06)
Construction Package 1 (CP 1) is the first significant construction contract executed on the Initial Operating Section of the high-speed rail program. The CP1 construction area is a 32-mile stretch between Avenue 19 in Madera County to East American Avenue in Fresno County. It includes 12 grade separations, 2 viaducts, 1 tunnel and a major river crossing over the San Joaquin River.
- Construction Package 2-3 (HSR 13-57)
Construction Package 2-3 (CP 2-3) is the second significant construction contract executed on the Initial Operating Section of the high-speed rail program. The CP 2-3 construction area extends approximately 60 miles from the terminus of Construction Package 1 at East American Avenue in Fresno to one mile north of the Tulare-Kern County line. CP 2-3 will include approximately 36 grade separations in the counties of Fresno, Tulare and Kings, including viaducts, underpasses and overpasses.
- Construction Package 4 (HSR 14-32)
Construction Package 4 (CP 4) is the third significant construction contract executed on the Initial Operating Section of the high-speed rail program. The CP 4 construction area is a 22-mile stretch bounded by a point approximately one mile north of the Tulare/Kern County Line at the terminus of Construction Package 2-3 and Poplar Avenue to the south. CP 4 will include construction of at-grade, retained fill and aerial sections of the high-speed rail alignment and the relocation of four miles of existing Burlington Northern Santa Fe (BNSF) tracks.
- Construction Management Services for Rail Design-Build-Maintain Contracts
- Design-Build Construction Packages
- Design Services for Central Valley Stations
- Design Services for the Fresno to Bakersfield Locally Generated Alternative Project Section
- Design Services for the Merced to Madera Project Section
- Environmental and Preliminary Engineering Services for the Central Valley Heavy Maintenance Facility
- Environmental Services for the Merced to Fresno Project Section
- Program Delivery Support
- Rail Systems Engineering Services
- Station Delivery Support and Technical Planning Services
- Right of Way Engineering and Survey Support Services
- Sustainability Services
- Track & Systems
Small Business Program
Track & Systems
The California High-Speed Rail Authority makes every effort to ensure the website and its contents meet mandated ADA requirements as per the California State mandated Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0 Level AA standard. If you are looking for a particular document not located on the California High-Speed Rail Authority website, you may make a request for the document under the Public Records Act through the Public Records Act page. If you have any questions about the website or its contents, please contact the Authority at email@example.com.