Track & Systems
Notice of Industry Feedback Sought for Track, Systems, and Trainset Procurement Options
The California High-Speed Rail Authority (the Authority) is excited to seek industry feedback from experienced market participants on its revised procurement approach for the track, rail systems and trainsets procurement(s). The Authority has identified multiple potential packaging and procurement approaches for rail system elements including track, systems, overhead contact systems (OCS), trainsets, operations, and maintenance facilities for the Merced to Bakersfield Segment.
Materials on the revised procurement approach will be available upon written request to TS1@hsr.ca.gov beginning March 2, 2023.
The industry feedback period will commence March 2, 2023, and conclude by March 31, 2023. Industry feedback is sought via the following two methods (firms may participate in one or both):
- The Authority seeks written feedback on the procurement options from qualified rail delivery entities in the areas of design and delivery of track, signaling, power supply, OCS, communications, trainsets, operations control center and maintenance facilities. Submissions will be subject to public disclosure pursuant the California Public Records Act. Any trade secret or proprietary information submitted must be marked as such for the Authority to consider whether such items may remain confidential. Do not submit marketing or promotional materials.
- In addition, firms meeting the following criteria may submit a request to the Authority to meet virtually during the industry feedback period.
Experience as a prime team member or first-tier subcontractor on a contract for one or more of the following:
- High-speed rail track design and installation [i.e., 300 kph operating speed, or experience in track (FRA Class 7 track or greater) installation in the U.S.]
- High-speed rail OCS (i.e., 300 kph operating speed) and/or power supply
- High-speed rail signaling and telecommunications (i.e., ETCS Level II or equivalent)
- Rail maintenance facilities
- Rail operation centers
- High-speed rail trainsets (i.e., 300 kph operating speed)
Please submit the request for a meeting and/or materials, including a brief explanation of your firm’s qualifications, to: TS1@hsr.ca.gov by March 15, 2023.
Please note that on October 26, 2022, the Authority released a news release on the restructuring of the Track and Systems procurement.
- Advisory Groups Management Services
- Construction Management Services for Rail Design-Build-Maintain Contracts
- Design-Build Construction Packages
- Design Services for Central Valley Stations
- Design Services for the Fresno to Bakersfield Locally Generated Alternative Project Section
- Design Services for the Merced to Madera Project Section
- Environmental Services for the Merced to Fresno Project Section
- Program Delivery Support
- Rail Systems Engineering Services
- Station Delivery Support and Technical Planning Services
- Right of Way Engineering and Survey Support Services
- Sustainability Services
- Track & Systems
Small Business Program
Track & Systems
The California High-Speed Rail Authority makes every effort to ensure the website and its contents meet mandated ADA requirements as per the California State mandated Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0 Level AA standard. If you are looking for a particular document not located on the California High-Speed Rail Authority website, you may make a request for the document under the Public Records Act through the Public Records Act page. If you have any questions about the website or its contents, please contact the Authority at firstname.lastname@example.org.