Private Property

The California High-Speed Rail Authority (Authority) understands that private property owners will be affected by the proposed construction of the high-speed rail system. In light of this fact, the Authority has committed to do everything it can to educate, inform, and work collaboratively with affected property owners.

The following documents provide an at-a-glance reference for frequently asked questions and an overview of the procedures for acquiring property, the right-of-way process and the Permit-to-Enter process.

Private Property and High-Speed Rail

Relocation Assistance Program

Note: The California High-Speed Rail Authority is working to provide "Relocation Assistance Program" information in additional languages including Spanish, Russian, Hmong and more. Those translations will be posted on this page when they are available.

Nightime span install


The California High-Speed Rail Authority makes every effort to ensure the website is translated in a linguistically and culturally appropriate way. Consideration is placed on language vocabulary, grammar, punctuation, style and level of speech to reflect the target audience’s culture and society.

If you need a particular document on the California High-Speed Rail Authority website translated, you may submit a document translation request to the Title VI Coordinator via email at


Private Property
(916) 324-1541