- Phase 1
- Phase 2
Bakersfield to Palmdale
Will connect the Central Valley to the Antelope Valley, closing the existing passenger rail gap over the Tehachapi Mountains with proposed stations in Bakersfield and at the Palmdale Transportation Center, connecting the cities of Tehachapi, Lancaster and Palmdale and communities of Edison and Rosamond.
Palmdale to Burbank
Will connect the Antelope Valley to the San Fernando Valley, bringing high-speed rail service to the Hollywood Burbank Airport from the Palmdale Transportation Center.
Burbank to Los Angeles
Will connect two key multi-modal transportation hubs, the Hollywood Burbank Airport and Los Angeles Union Station, in a shared corridor with the BNSF Railroad. The train will run adjacent to the LA River through Burbank, Glendale and Los Angeles.
Los Angeles to Anaheim
Will connect Los Angeles Union Station to the Anaheim Regional Transportation Intermodal Center, sharing the existing Los Angeles-San Diego-San Luis Obispo rail corridor with other passenger and freight trains. Travels through the cities of Los Angeles, Vernon, Commerce, Bell, Montebello, Pico Rivera, Norwalk, Santa Fe Springs, La Mirada, Buena Park, Fullerton and Anaheim with additional stops being considered at Santa Fe Springs/Norwalk and Fullerton.
Los Angeles to San Diego
The Los Angeles to San Diego section team is working to identify the best high-speed configuration, as well as interim improvements that can upgrade regional rail service in the corridor before completion of the 520 mile Phase 1 system. When complete in Phase 2, this section will close a major rail gap between the two counties.
Palmdale Transportation Center (PTC)
- Multi-modal transportation center featuring a Metrolink rail station, a local bus hub and commuter bus
Hollywood Burbank Airport
- High-speed rail will be located adjacent to the Hollywood Burbank Airport terminal, near the airport
- Located close to Metrolink stations for the Antelope Valley line and Ventura
Anaheim Regional Transportation Intermodal Center (ARTIC)
- Considered the first station built to serve high-speed rail, ARTIC provides easy access to Angels Stadium, Honda Center and the Disneyland Resort
- ARTIC is a new state-of-the-art station featuring Metrolink, Amtrak, regional buses and local transit services