- Phase 1
- Phase 2
Bakersfield to Palmdale
Will connect the Central Valley to the Antelope Valley, closing the existing passenger rail gap over the Tehachapi Mountains with proposed stations in Bakersfield and at the Palmdale Transportation Center. In September 2021, the Authority’s Board approved final environmental documents for this section, the first in the Southern California Region.
Palmdale to Burbank
Will connect the Antelope Valley to the San Fernando Valley, bringing high-speed rail service to the Hollywood Burbank Airport from the Palmdale Transportation Center. Final environmental documents are expected to be complete in 2023.
Burbank to Los Angeles
Will connect two key multi-modal transportation hubs, Los Angeles Union Station, and for a plane to train connection, a station near the Hollywood Burbank Airport. In January 2022, the Authority’s Board approved final environmental documents for this section.
Los Angeles to Anaheim
Will connect Los Angeles Union Station to the Anaheim Regional Transportation Intermodal Center, sharing the existing Los Angeles-San Diego-San Luis Obispo rail corridor with other passenger and freight trains. Two components have been added to the project to improve freight operations and regional passenger rail – an intermodal facility in Colton and staging tracks in Lenwood near Barstow. Additional stops are being considered at Santa Fe Springs/Norwalk and Fullerton. An environmental Record of Decision is expected in the fourth quarter of 2023.
Los Angeles to San Diego
The Los Angeles to San Diego section team is working to identify the best high-speed configuration, as well as interim improvements that can upgrade regional rail service in the corridor before completion of the 520 mile Phase 1 system. When complete in Phase 2, this section will close a major rail gap between the two counties.
Palmdale Transportation Center (PTC)
- Multi-modal transportation center featuring a Metrolink rail station, a local bus hub and commuter bus
- May offer future connection opportunity for trains between Las Vegas and Los Angeles
Hollywood Burbank Airport Station
- High-speed rail will be located adjacent to the Hollywood Burbank Airport terminal, near the airport
- Located close to Metrolink stations for the Antelope Valley line and Ventura line, as well as local bus service
Anaheim Regional Transportation Intermodal Center (ARTIC)
- Considered the first station built to serve high-speed rail, ARTIC provides easy access to Angel Stadium, Honda Center and the Disneyland Resort
- ARTIC is a new state-of-the-art station featuring Metrolink, Amtrak, regional buses and local transit services