The Palmdale Transportation Center (PTC) is a multi-modal transportation center featuring a Metrolink rail station, a local bus hub, commuter bus and a potential connection with the proposed XpressWest high-speed rail service to Las Vegas via the future High Desert Corridor.
In October 2018, the Authority’s Board of Directors concurred with the staff recommended State Preferred Alternative for the Bakersfield to Palmdale project section identified in environmental documents as Alternative 2 and is one of the four routes the Authority has studied.
The City of Palmdale and the California High-Speed Rail Authority are currently working together to develop a station area plan that will help the city promote economic development, encourage station area development and enhance connectivity to other modes of transportation.
Station Community Details
Avenue Q and Sierra Highway, adjacent to the PTC located at 39000 Clock Tower Plaza Drive in Palmdale.
The proposed station location is currently being examined and undergoing environmental studies. It is expected to be environmentally cleared by December 2017.
- Palmdale Station Map
- Bakersfield to Palmdale Project Section | Map
- Bakersfield to Palmdale Project Section Map: Alternatives Under Consideration - May 2016
- Palmdale to Burbank Project Section
- Map: Palmdale to Burbank Refined Alternatives
- The City of Palmdale: Future Transportation Solutions
- The City of Palmdale: Planning and Zoning
- Project Sections & Stations of the Project Sections & Stations interactive map
- Construction Activities of the Construction Activities interactive map
- Economic Impacts of the Economic Impacts interactive map
- California Traditional Tribal Territories of the California Traditional Tribal Territories interactive map