Merced to Fresno
The Merced to Fresno project section is part of the first phase of the California high-speed rail system connecting the communities of Merced, Madera and Fresno to the rest of the State.
The approximately 65-mile project section will provide essential connections between the Central Valley and the Silicon Valley with stations in downtown Fresno and downtown Merced. These station locations will help provide new economic opportunities in these downtown areas and provide easy connections to local and regional businesses and academic institutions.
The State of California and the federal government both require a proposed infrastructure project to undergo an extensive assessment of the project's potential impacts on the environment - land, air, water, minerals, plants, animals and noise - and proposed actions to avoid or mitigate those impacts, if feasible.
Decisions regarding how and where to build the California high-speed rail system are made and justified by using detailed environmental studies and public comments on the potential environmental impacts of the proposed rail system and routes.
The materials listed under the Documents & Reports section below include studies and reports the Authority has produced to date, along with corresponding public comments received, during the environmental review process of the Merced to Fresno project section.
The following documents are available for review upon request. Please contact email@example.com.
- Merced to Fresno: Final Environmental Impact Report/Environmental Impact Statement (EIR/EIS)
- Merced to Fresno: Central Valley Wye Draft Supplemental Environmental Impact Report/Environmental Impact Statement
- Merced to Fresno Project Section Draft Relocation Impact Report
- Merced to Fresno Project Section Supplemental Alternatives Analysis - 2011
- Merced to Fresno Project Section Supplemental Alternatives Analysis - 2010
- Merced to Fresno Project Section Preliminary Alternatives Analysis
- Merced to Fresno Project Section Scoping
- Merced to Fresno Project Section Notice of Intent/Notice of Preparation
- Project Sections & Stations of the Project Sections & Stations interactive map
- Construction Activities of the Construction Activities interactive map
- Economic Impacts of the Economic Impacts interactive map
- California Traditional Tribal Territories of the California Traditional Tribal Territories interactive map