Environmental and Preliminary Engineering Services for the Central Valley Heavy Maintenance Facility

The California High-Speed Rail Authority (Authority) has issued a Request for Qualifications (RFQ) to procure an architectural and engineering contract for Environmental and Preliminary Engineering Services for the Central Valley Heavy Maintenance Facility.

This procurement will result in a contract for delivery of environmental clearance and preliminary engineering services for the Central Valley Heavy Maintenance Facility project located in the Central Valley Section of the statewide high-speed rail system. The Consultant shall perform professional services including but not limited to: prepare preliminary engineering, evaluate and analyze design alternatives; identify and recommend preferred alternative for Board approval; develop the draft and final environmental documentation; ​coordinate alternative development and selection with public and stakeholders; and obtain Notice of Decision/Record of Decision, or other appropriate California environmental Quality Act and/or National Environmental Protection Act approval/certification.

The not-to-exceed dollar value for the contract is $4.9 million with a 2-year term.

The schedule for this procurement is as follows:

The RFQ is available to download from the California State Contracts Register (CSCR).

Updates, including answers to written questions, and any addenda will be provided on the CSCR.

Visit the Authority’s Small Business Program webpage for information including a program overview, certifications we recognize, how to get certified, access to our vendor registry, and more.

Questions regarding this procurement may be submitted to Kristal McCain at capitalprocurement@hsr.ca.gov or (916) 324-1541.


The California High-Speed Rail Authority makes every effort to ensure the website and its contents meet mandated ADA requirements as per the California State mandated Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0 Level AA standard. If you are looking for a particular document not located on the California High-Speed Rail Authority website, you may make a request for the document under the Public Records Act through the Public Records Act page. If you have any questions about the website or its contents, please contact the Authority at info@hsr.ca.gov.