The California High-Speed Rail Authority (Authority) understands that private property owners will be affected by the proposed construction of the high-speed rail system. In light of this fact, the Authority has committed to do everything it can to educate, inform, and work collaboratively with affected property owners.
The following documents provide an at-a-glance reference for frequently asked questions and an overview of the procedures for acquiring property, the right-of-way process and the Permit-to-Enter process.
Private Property and High-Speed Rail
- Right-of-Way (ROW) Process
- Your Property, Your High-Speed Rail
- Private Property & High-Speed Rail: Your Questions Answered
- Private Property and Environmental Studies: Your Questions
- Permit to Enter Process for Private Property Owners
Relocation Assistance Program
- Relocation Assistance Program Information for Business, Farm and Non-Profit Organizations
- Relocation Assistance Program Information for Mobile Homes
- Relocation Assistance Program Information for Residential
- Relocation Assistance – Right of Way Manual Chapter 10
Note: The California High-Speed Rail Authority is working to provide “Relocation Assistance Program” information in additional languages including Spanish, Russian, Hmong and more. Those translations will be posted on this page when they are available.
The California High-Speed Rail Authority makes every effort to ensure the website is translated in a linguistically and culturally appropriate way. Consideration is placed on language vocabulary, grammar, punctuation, style and level of speech to reflect the target audience’s culture and society.
If you need a particular document on the California High-Speed Rail Authority website translated, you may submit a document translation request to the Title VI Coordinator via email at TitleVICoordinator@hsr.ca.gov.
The California High-Speed Rail Authority makes every effort to ensure the website and its contents meet mandated ADA requirements as per the California State mandated Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0 Level AA standard. If you are looking for a particular document not located on the California High-Speed Rail Authority website, you may make a request for the document under the Public Records Act through the Public Records Act page. If you have any questions about the website or its contents, please contact the Authority at email@example.com.