Merced to Fresno - Central Valley Wye
The Central Valley Wye serves as the backbone of the high-speed rail system connecting the San Francisco Bay Area to Southern California. The Merced to Fresno Section, where the Central Valley Wye is located, generally parallels State Route 99 through the northern stretch of the San Joaquin Valley from the City of Merced to the City of Fresno. The Central Valley Wye is located near the City of Chowchilla and will serve as the junction for the high-speed rail system connecting San Jose to Fresno, San Jose to Merced, and Merced to Fresno. These connections allow travelers to reach destinations in the direction of San Francisco, Sacramento, and Los Angeles.
The State of California and the federal government both require a proposed infrastructure project to undergo an extensive assessment of the project's potential impacts on the environment - land, air, water, minerals, plants, animals and noise - and proposed actions to avoid or mitigate those impacts, if feasible.
Decisions regarding how and where to build the California high-speed rail system are made and justified by using detailed environmental studies and public comments on the potential environmental impacts of the proposed rail system and routes.
The following documents are available for review upon request. The Authority encourages written requests submitted via our Public Records Portal.
- Final Supplemental Environmental Impact Report/Environmental Impact Statement
- Revised Draft Supplemental Environmental Impact Report/Second Draft Supplemental Environmental Impact Statement, Biological Analysis
- Draft Supplemental Environmental Impact Report/Environmental Impact Statement
- Merced to Fresno Supplemental Alternatives Analysis Report: Central Valley Wye Alternatives
- Merced to Fresno Project Section: Final EIR/EIS
- Merced to Fresno Project Section: Draft EIR/EIS
- Project Sections & Stations of the Project Sections & Stations interactive map
- Construction Activities of the Construction Activities interactive map
- Economic Impacts of the Economic Impacts interactive map
- California Traditional Tribal Territories of the California Traditional Tribal Territories interactive map