Highlights from Chapter 1
Our Sustainability Approach
- We prioritize transparency and accountability, and we engage with stakeholders to align with environmental, social, and governance (ESG) priorities.
- Authority staff and stakeholders have identified 5 sustainability priorities:
- Economic development and governance, focusing on responsible leadership and management, transparent practices, and sound business planning.
- Energy and emissions, focusing on conserving resources and tracking and minimizing emissions.
- Natural resources, focusing on the environment and ecological systems.
- Sustainable infrastructure, focusing on the principles of planning, siting, design, construction, mitigation, operation, maintenance, and management of infrastructure that reflect a balance of social, environmental, and economic concerns.
- Station communities and ridership, focusing on collaborative planning activities.
- Our materiality assessment identifies key focus areas, including GHG emissions, diversity, and community participation.
- We place a strong emphasis on risk management, supply chain sustainability, and transparency.
- We have an implementation plan in place with measurable performance indicators.
The California High-Speed Rail Authority makes every effort to ensure the website and its contents meet mandated ADA requirements as per the California State mandated Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0 Level AA standard. If you are looking for a particular document not located on the California High-Speed Rail Authority website, you may make a request for the document under the Public Records Act through the Public Records Act page. If you have any questions about the website or its contents, please contact the Authority at firstname.lastname@example.org.