As California leads the way on the innovative advancement of clean, sustainable transportation, the California High-Speed Rail Authority’s Sustainability Report details how this first-in-the-nation system serves as the backbone of the state’s ambitious climate goals.
2022 Sustainability Report
The 2022 Sustainability Report provides information on the progress the Authority is making in fulfilling sustainability commitments. Specifically, this report:
- Details the Authority’s comprehensive approach to designing, constructing and operating the high-speed rail system in a sustainable manner.
- Describes how the Authority is meeting its commitment to upholding environmental justice principles and how adverse effects on minority and low-income populations are being addressed.
- Discusses the Authority’s efforts to protect important wildlife habitat and preserve agricultural lands.
- Summarizes the results of the materiality assessment process performed in 2022 to quantify the significance of different environmental, social and governance issues to our stakeholders.
- Highlights our progress in assessing climate-change impacts to the high-speed rail system and developing a formal climate change policy.
- Outlines the progress the Authority is making in its station-planning efforts and the focus on regional transit integration.
- 2022 Sustainability Report
What They’re Saying
Hear from some of our partner agencies how high-speed rail plays an important part in addressing climate change and how it will be key to addressing California’s clean energy future.
- 2021 Climate Adaptation Plan Highlights
- 2022 Sustainability Report Highlights
- Resaltos de Reporte de Sostenibilidad 2022
- Building a Sustainable Future Factsheet
- Construyendo un Futuro Sostenible
The California High-Speed Rail Authority makes every effort to ensure the website and its contents meet mandated ADA requirements as per the California State mandated Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0 Level AA standard. If you are looking for a particular document not located on the California High-Speed Rail Authority website, you may make a request for the document under the Public Records Act through the Public Records Act page. If you have any questions about the website or its contents, please contact the Authority at email@example.com.