Fresno to Bakersfield - Locally Generated Alternative
The State of California and the federal government both require a proposed infrastructure project to undergo an extensive assessment of the project's potential impacts on the environment - land, air, water, minerals, plants, animals and noise - and proposed actions to avoid or mitigate those impacts, if feasible.
Decisions regarding how and where to build the California high-speed rail system are made and justified by using detailed environmental studies and public comments on the potential environmental impacts of the proposed rail system and routes.
The materials listed under the Documents & Reports section below include studies and reports the Authority has produced to date, along with corresponding public comments received, during the environmental review process of the Fresno to Bakersfield project section and the Locally Generated Alternative.
The following documents are available for review upon request. The Authority encourages written requests submitted via our Public Records Portal.
- Locally Generated Alternative Combined Supplemental Record of Decision and Final Supplemental Environmental Impact Statement
- Locally Generated Alternative Final Supplemental Environmental Impact Report
- Locally Generated Alternative Draft Supplemental Environmental Impact Report/Statement
- Fresno to Bakersfield Project Section: Final Supplemental EIR
- Fresno to Bakersfield Project Section: Draft Supplemental EIR/EIS
- Fresno to Bakersfield Project Section: Final EIR/EIS
- Fresno to Bakersfield Project Section: Revised Draft EIR/EIS
- Fresno to Bakersfield Project Section: Draft EIR/EIS
- Project Sections & Stations of the Project Sections & Stations interactive map
- Construction Activities of the Construction Activities interactive map
- Economic Impacts of the Economic Impacts interactive map
- California Traditional Tribal Territories of the California Traditional Tribal Territories interactive map