In 2014, the City of Gilroy and the High-Speed Rail Authority entered into a station planning agreement to work together to develop a station area plan that will serve Gilroy, south Santa Clara County and surrounding areas. This joint effort will guide the design of the high-speed rail station and the area surrounding the station to help the city promote economic development, encourage station area development, and enhance connectivity to other modes of transportation.
Station Community Details
- Option 1: Near the existing Caltrain station site on Monterey Street between 7th & 9th Streets
- Option 2: East Gilroy, off Leavesley Road
The City of Gilroy has hired PlaceWorks to consult on the station area planning, which should be complete by late 2017. The planning and environmental process, which will determine both station location and the alignment for the San Jose to Merced project section is underway. Environmental clearance is anticipated by the end of 2017.
- Project Sections & Stations of the Project Sections & Stations interactive map
- Construction Activities of the Construction Activities interactive map
- Economic Impacts of the Economic Impacts interactive map
- California Traditional Tribal Territories of the California Traditional Tribal Territories interactive map